Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Making Room For A New Addition



It has been so long since I last blogged I think I forgot how to.  Almost nine months! 
 

We are expecting a new addition to our family in a few weeks and couldn't be more excited - this may explain the 9 months away from blogging.  My first 2 had their own rooms before they were even born.  The "nursery" does not exist with #3.  We have a 3 bedroom home so we decided to try to make our bedroom, the master bedroom (if you can call it that in an 1800s house) a master/nursery.
 


 
 
 
 
The first purchase was this adorable Emerson Mini Crib from Pottery Barn Kids.  Although it is not a convertible crib it takes the place of a bassinet and a crib and fits perfectly in the corner of the room.   The sign was a must have form Susie Harris.  She is so talented.  The curtains from West Elm were my first try in 20 years at "drapes"...I am more of a Roman Shade Girl, but I am now thinking about converting.  They add such warmth to the room.  The bureau is the  Ikea Hemnes Bureau.
 
 
An old pine bureau topped with a changing pad serves as a changing table.  The bedside lamps are from Target and the hooks are from Ikea.
 
 
In the other corner is the rocking station.  A home with a baby always needs a rocking chair.  This one was purchased almost ten years ago from Pottery Barn Kids and is still the perfect fit for any room.  Believe me it has been in just about every room in the house.  The brass reading lamp is from Target. 
 


 
So for now I think this master/nursery is complete or will be in a few weeks!
Thank you for stopping by, Emily
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment