Sunday, August 3, 2014

Boy's Room Redo

This past winter I talked about inspiration for a boy's room makeover (see the post here).  Yesterday was such a rainy and cold day I thought I would start.  I know it is August, but I am a little slow on my projects!



A trip to Ikea was the starting point.   I made sure to get there first thing in the morning and have a plan of attack.  A rainy Saturday is really not the time to go to Ikea!  I picked up the Jules Junior Desk Chair (here) and the Hemnes Twin Bed (here ).  My son has never had a real bed.  By real I mean his last bed was a headboard we found on the side of the road.  He wanted an official bed as he calls it.


I found these old squash racquets in the barn.  They look so cute next to his bed.  I love adding vintage items to every room.  It still needs a few tweaks...a down insert for his duvet cover and a little paint touch up where the nail holes were filled in.  But no one notices...right?



The desk chair fits perfect under his desk.  My dad made the desk a few years ago from a picture of a pottery barn desk.  We had to make it smaller to fit in the space.  It has been hard to find the right size chair.  Thanks to Ikea this one works.


This little guy needed to be added to the bed in honor of Sharknado 2.  I haven't watched it yet, but I know it will be a movie night really soon!



A piece of ironstone needs to be in every room. 


Finally, our door no longer has posters, but a pennant from Oxford Pennant.

The best part of this room redo was when he walked in and said "this is the room of my dreams".  Made My Day!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment